My goal was to have a drivable car as of today.
In some ways I am disappointed I did not meet my goal. In others I feel it is an acceptable "slip" in the date.
The Chinese parts debacle caused a month of lost time, and some personal developments made me lose motivation to work on the car causing further delays. As my boss says, "life happens". I think this is his euphemism for "shit happens". Indeed it does.
Current state of affairs:
- Engine heads are rebuilt and clean with new .194 exhaust valves
- Engine block is decked and planed and ready for parts
- I have American replacement crankshaft and rods
- The new parts need to be balanced
- I need to sell my Chinese parts/transmission/old intake manifold
I feel I'll muster the will/money to continue in the following couple of months.